Saturday, August 2, 2008

Castles & dodgeways & monsters & highways

BE YOUR OWN PET ARE BREAKING UP? Omgz. Maybe they didn't play at Warped Tour bc they were planning on just wrapping things up? More info at Stereogum

So my brother was reading Cokemachineglow about the Pitchfork Festival & pointed out this hilarious excerpt:
To wit: The biggest cabal of photographers I found myself smooshed against was during Boris’ set, but the photographers were taking as many pictures of the fans as they were of the band. A photo of Boris won’t make the Reader, but a photo of All The Indie Rock Kids Flipping Out At Their Little Festival may. I swear, it could’ve been heat-stroke, but I think I saw a couple of photographers taking pictures of the other photographers, an action so meta it threatens to break my dick off.
Hahaha. The whole thing is actually entertaining, but lengthy. It's a good read. Oh & by the way, Boris is a Japanese experimental band. 

Concerning a different festival, Lollapalooza is happening AS I TYPE. How excitingggg to not be there. Stereogum has some pictures. Click to see Thom Yorke's wonky eye or the boys from the Bloc

Apparently, NME has seen it fit to compile a list of 25 bands that are making "America Cool Again."  So get out your winter wardrobe & see what is "cool" for America. The only thing I care about about this list, is that Girl Talk is #23 & not #2.  Actually, one other thing caught my attention. The list reminded me that Kings of Leon still existed. I haven't really heard about them in a while but a visit to their site proved otherwise. They have a free d/l available if you click here!

ALSO, it seems NME is content with quantity & not quality. They like followed the same format & mediocre writing for these two articles. One about how Johnny Cash's cover of "Hurt" (Nine Inch Nails) felt like "someone kissing your girlfriend" to Trent Reznor. Also, Conor Oberst talks about his solo album & Mexico. [Source 1, Source 2]

Wow, that's a lot of news for one day. I'll leave you with the choice of watching the official video to Coldplay's "Viva La Vida" or a cover version. I only recommend watching the official one if you like Coldplay/if you want a close up of Chris Martin's green eyes/enjoy spastic twitching type movements to go along with your music. No one will know if you click.

2 comments:

E. said...

that is ridonkulous! almost as ridonkulous as my recent post. hope i can talk to you tonight!

E. said...

it looks like a walrus, doesn't it?!
and yes, i am a little ashamed to put his full name up there.