Thursday, July 31, 2008

Take the poison of your age

Coolest vid ever! It's of The Arcade Fire in an elevator. With MAGAZINE PERCUSSION! Yeah that's right, magazine percussion. Don't believe me? Watch!

Compliments of someone at ONTD. Source is La Blogotheque

Here's a little survey I found but I'm putting two choices for each because one is too hard. Do it, it's fun!

1. Musician/Band you most would want to meet?
Gregg Gillis (Girl Talk) & Vampire Weekend. Both would be ridiculously chill.

2. Song that you wish was written for/about you?
"I Will Follow You Into The Dark" by Death Cab & "Brand New Colony" by The Postal Service. What can I say, Ben Gibbard has a way with words. 

3. Band you'd most want to be in?
The Arcade Fire! & oooh... it's between The Decemberists or Vampire Weekend. I'm gonna say The Decemberists. (Haha, & yes all three do have violinists). 

4. Musician you would want to actually be?
Regina Spektor, obvs. & Jonny Greenwood of Radiohead haha. 

5. You wish you could kill the writer/singer of _________
"The Reason" by Hoobastank (aka HoobaSUX) & "Girlfriend" by Avril. Ughhh.

6. If you could only listen to one CD ever, what would it be?
Again, I'm doing two so... Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga (Spoon) & ahh this is hard.. um probably. Ah. I can't do it. I don't know.

7. Musician/band member you would want to date?
Sufjan Stevens! & any member of Bloc Party. Actually scratch that, Patrick Wolf.

8. Song that you wish you could take credit for writing?

"Inní mér syngur vitleysingur" by Sigur Ros & "Let It Be" by THE BEATLES. Hopefully you new who that was by before I even wrote it. 


9. Concert you would kill to see, even if the band is dead?

The Strokes & Sigur Ros!!!!!!

10. If you were a DJ, what would you play the most?

LCD Soundsystem & Cut Copy. Or Hot Chip or Daft Punk. But I'll stick with my original two answers.

2 comments:

Uyen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Uyen said...

okay, so this is a bit revised:

1. Musician/Band you most would want to meet?
That I haven't met yet? The All-American Rejects. Two words: Tyson Ritter!

2. Song that you wish was written for/about you?
"Stolen" - Dashboard Confessional

3. Band you'd most want to be in?
It'd probably have to be Forever The Sickest Kids (they have a keyboardist and piano is basically the only instrument I have training in). Plus they're super fun and cute!

4. Musician you would want to actually be?
I can't really think of any female artists that I'd like to be...so if I chose a guy, I'd pick Andrew McMahon of Jack's Mannequin.

5. You wish you could kill the writer/singer of _________
"Sneakernight" - Vanessa Hudgens. Definitely.

6. If you could only listen to one CD ever, what would it be?
This is hard. I don't have a single favorite CD...

7. Musician/band member you would want to date?
Alex Gaskarth of All Time Low. For sure. Caleb Turman and Kyle Burns are very close behind :)

8. Song that you wish you could take credit for writing?
"As Lovers Go" Dashboard Confessional

9. Concert you would kill to see, even if the band is dead?
I'll get back to you on that.

10. If you were a DJ, what would you play the most?
Timbaland. That dude's got so many catchy songs.