Sunday, July 13, 2008

Songs To Show The World I Don't Let Pfork Control Everything I Listen To

1. Checkmarks- The Academy Is
Besides his lyrics for this song is so contemptuous & sultry. Just imagine him singing this while swinging a microphone around onstage. Anyways, just one word: Williambeckett.
2. Umbrella (Rihanna Cover)- All Time Low
The dude's vocals sound like any other punk or alt band who half relies on their good looks & girl pants to make it big. But it's just even catchier than the real song!
3. Dirty Little Secret- The All American Rejects
SO FREAKING CATCHY AHHHH. I couldn't stop listening to it if the MisShapes themselves came & smacked me.
4. Stolen- Dashboard Confessional
Chris Carrabba delivers his feelings with such emotion/passion... This song is sappy though. I wonder how Conor Oberst manages to do the same thing, without being overly sappy/emo?
5. Nobody's Perfect- Hannah Montana 
I may be pushing the limit here with this one. 
6. This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race- Fall Out Boy
I have a good excuse for this one. I dislike Patrick Stump's voice, but I do enjoy the instruments in this one; RockBand hooked me.
7. Guilty Pleasure- Cobra Starship
Um.... William Beckett sings on this one?
8. Touchdown Turnaround- Hellogoodbye
I'm a sucker for powerpop. I'll even admit, I once went to one of their concerts. 
9. See You Again- Miley Cyrus
I plead the fifth.
10. Misery Business- Paramore
Hey, I'm just supporting girl vocal bands. & Bjork/Blondie doesn't really capture the angry riffing about the bitch in high school we all know about. 

Okay so for the next post, expect lots of news from Pfork, Sgum, the usual. Hope this 3 day departure from the norm of tight indie constrictions, hasn't bunched your panties too much. 

4 comments:

E. said...

i want to cry.

Kat said...

you know you like it.

Kat said...

pshhh you Matt Thiessen lover, you.

Uyen said...

haha, did you change the Reel Big Fish thing (Aaron) in your Warped Tour blog? I loved the pictures by the way (probably because I was there for every single on of them!). and this list is pretty much everything i like and listen to (which probably isn't saying too much for my taste in music but whatever. i like pop rock and i'm not ashamed to admit it!).

p.s. the guy in the picture with Kevin is Kent (the keyboardist from FTSK)