Saturday, August 30, 2008

We're half awake in a fake empire

Helloooo! School sucks, what else is new? Ben Gibbard paying Jenny Lewis a visit, that's what! Here's a super duper cute vid of them & it previews one song off Jenny's new album due September 23rd.  [Source]

Proof that The Strokes will never get back together & my heart shall break forevermore. Albert Hammond Jr. is going to start a clothing line. Yes, you heard me correctly, a clothing line. Not a new album, but a freakin' men's clothing line. I'm actually considering putting The Strokes on the back burner, along with where I put Weezer years ago. I haven't given up on them yet, but if they continue their side projects & other shenanigans, I just may have to. [Source]

Here are two cover songs that aren't particularly outstanding, but very nice in their own way, (besides, I love Vampire Weekend & MGMT!). 
Hurry up & snatch 'em up before the crazy mofos at RIAA or something will kill ya. [Source 1] [Source 2]

Oh, & a quick visit to Patrick Wolf's Mspace as I was updating my Recently Played, revealed that he did a song, "Careless Talk" for the movie The Edge of Love. You can read about the movie here, listen to the song here, & read his blog about how the song has found its way "deep into his heart." 

No comments: