Sunday, April 13, 2008

Songs To Help Maintain My Emotional Stability

...As AP exams/the SAT/ACT/Symphony audition near.

1. Let It Be- The Beatles 
2. Ceremony- New Order
3. Fake Empire- The National
4. Hotel Chelsea Nights- Ryan Adams
5. Jesus, etc.- Wilco
6. Raindrops- Regina Spektor
7. I Heard You Looking- Yo La Tengo
8. This Aching Deal- The Shocking Pinks
9. First Day Of My Life- Bright Eyes
10. Advance Cassette- Spoon

If you couldn't surmise, I am frrrreaking out about school & my life & just zomg & I seriously just need to chill. But it's really hard seeing as how tomorrow I'll resume the daily torture that is high school. 

Anyways, I kinda rediscovered Bright Eyes & I was wondering what happened to Conor Oberst?? He went from emo heartthrob to a blue-haired... I don't even know, grandpa? I think it was that weird spiritualist camp he went to. 
Pre Cassadaga:

Post Cassadaga:

All I know is that I used to be in love with him (I named my first iPod after him) & now I am slightly creeped out by his appearance. 

So on Friday I went to shopping & I must say these stores are doing everything they can to attract the hippest of the hip to buy their over-priced merchandise. Take for example, Hollister. Can you say SENSORY OVERLOAD? Their biting perfume/cologne scent was all over the store & the pounding music & the dim lighting with the fake foliage everywhere made it very hard for me to actually see their clothes. I was too busy sneezing/squinting my eyes & dodging the random fake plants they had placed every which where. No wonder I've never bought any of their stuff. Sometimes though, they play cool music & I looked online to see if they had anything on the music selection they play in the stores. Imagine my horror as I discovered Vampire Weekend alongside Simple Plan. Look

No comments: