Saturday, April 5, 2008

Broken heartbeats sound like breakbeats

Cue the jealousy. My supa cool brother just got me an Atlas Sound poster as well as a Los Campesinos one! Granted I have to get into the Atlas Sound, but it's two more for the growing collection on my walls.

Yeah, basically. 

So the rumors are true. Weezer has confirmed that their new album will be, for the third time, a self-titled album. This time though, it'll be red. Don't believe me? I don't want to either but Pitchfork never lies

Speaking of Pitchfork, on Monday the website will open up Pitchfork.tv. The site will offer music videos & interviews. Not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited. Read up on all that jazz here

ZOMG alert! The 2008 Lollzapalooza lineup has been confirmed! Well at least part of it. If you're lucky enough to be able to attend, check out Stereogum for the lineup. You can check it out even if you're not going to just make yourself hate life even more. Bloc Party? Radiohead? Nine Inch Nails? Kanye West? Wilco?? BBL, crying. Not to mention, reading more of Stereogum just gave me another reason to cry. Apparently Entertainment Weekly just described Phantom Planet as "...such excellent Arcade Fire-style anthem builders." What do you think? Take a listen at EW.com & tell me you too, think the writer/listener was on drugs. 

Postscript: Almost Famous is a really good movie. I can add it to my list of inspirations.

No comments: