Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm alot like you so please, hello I'm here

If you head over to weezer.com, you can see they've revamped the website to make it match the "red" theme of their new album. Also you can stream the full length version of a new song, Pork & Beans. I don't know what to think. It's definitely not Pinkerton material but it's hands down better than Beverly Hills. The riffing sounds familiar, more like a mix of Maladroit & Green with the comical, slightly "self-deprecating" (as Stereogum described it) lyrics reminiscent of Blue Album: "Timbaland knows the way to reach the top of the chart/ maybe if i work with him I can perfect the art I'ma do the things I wanna do I ain't got a thing to prove to you." We'll see though.

Speaking of new songs, Franz Ferdinand has been under the radar for a while until now! They have emerged from a basement it seems, tantalizing us with a small taste, rather a lick, of one of their new songs. News/video from Stereogum:
I rooted around Google & found these two interviews at Billboard.com & The Tripwire where Alex Kapranos describes the album as "the opposite of punk/pop" & also how Paul Thompson was listening to a lot of African stuff which would come through as well. 
I must say, I am thoroughly excited!

Also, I seriously recommend listening to Seabear. Their song, I Sing I Swim, kinda reminds me of Belle & Sebastian. They just have that overall Sufjan Stevens/Islands quality. I mentioned them in this Sunday Selections, a while back. 

No comments: