Wednesday, October 8, 2008

It's the night, I can be who you like

Eeeeee! GIRL TALK INTERVIEW WITH PITCHFORK. Reeeaaaddd!

Being an avid reader of the LJ community, ohnotheydidnt, I came across a girl who posted pictures of her playing onstage with Weezer! I guess I still have a bit of affection in my heart for them. I recently burned a copy of the Blue & Pinkerton albums for a friend who had only heard crap Weezer, aka Bev Hills/Red Album. I feel like I made the world a slightly better place after I gave him the CDs. Anyways, if you want to see Rivers in all his moustachio glory, click.

So The Decemberists have decided to call their new album, Hazards of Love. Indeed, indeed. The first single drops October 14. Pitchfork for detailz.

Deerhoof has a new video out for "Chandelier Searchlight." I like it, the song I mean. I never really got into Deerhoof too much because their music I guess wanders too much for me? I think it varies too much for my main alternative tastes. But they're still enjoyable. Stereogum has the vid & downloadable MP3.

Okay so seriously, LISTEN TO FRIGHTENED RABBIT. They are so good. Also, I know I've mentioned them before, but if you didn't listen to me then, listen to me now & LISTEN TO SEABEAR. They're from Iceland, so you know they have to be good. Maybe there's something in the ICE that makes Icelandic music so good? Haha...

No comments: