Thursday, October 2, 2008

I'll stow away my grays

While I would like to say that I am doing something incredibly fascinating in my periodic absences from this blog, the truth is, I am not. I am having fits of anxiety (which apparently is the root of my bruxism), eating lots of cookies, & talking about how much I have to do instead of actually doing it. But tomorrow I'm skipping school on my mother's leave so I have a pause to say holla.

Here is an immensely satisfying video of Lykke Li & the boys from Bon Iver making pretty music together:


Here is a less satisfying video of Snow Patrol & their new single, "Take Back The City." You can watch it anyways though, like I did. Maybe it's just me, but they seem to have gotten more... superficial in they're writing, lyrically & musically. Idk though, I'm no Snow Patrol fanatic/expert. [Source]

I came across an interview with MGMT on doing ecstasy & the creative writing process; muy interestante. [Source]

So someone recommended I give Frightened Rabbit a listen. I've never heard of them (I don't really recall them getting any exposure from Pfork/Sgum) but when I listened to them, I really liked what I heard. Pitchfork gave their album that came out April of this year, an 8.1, if that is the sort of thing to make you more inclined to give them a listen. You should. Regardless.

Omgomgomg, NEW DECEMBERISTS SONG! However, before you get too excited, I have to say that I am not overly impressed. It's still nice, just not up to their "O Valencia" standards, but that's just me. What do you think? [Source]


1 comment:

E. said...

ZOMG i have bruxism, too. i have to wear a mouthguard at night, bu i've managed to slowly grind through it. i'm sure you really wanted to know that.
we really are twins.
oh and i really dislike the new snow patrol song.