Wednesday, May 7, 2008

You used to be alright, what happened?

So last night I got to see talent. Real live musical talent/genius manifested in a band called, Radiohead. Seriously, OMGZ. Pics~

This is my bro smiling because of our ridiculously, fantastic, 9th row, orchestra seating.






































This is Radiohead & their ridiculously fantastic lighting & big screen system.



















































This is me & my bro in our matching $40 ridiculously overpriced (yet fantastic) concert shirts. It's lyrics from "Bodysnatchers." I'll give someone a dollar if they can tell me what it says without Googling it. 














Needless to say, Radiohead was amazing. It was so surreal, I kept asking myself, "Am I really 50 feet away from Thom Yorke? Is that even the real Thom Yorke???" Yep, it was. Each member was incredibly talented & the flawlessness to which the show was run with the lights & big screen & whatnot, was just so impressive. Johnny Greenwood was up there shaking a small percussion instrument with one hand & then playing piano with the other with his guitar slung around his neck. A second later he'd run over to do the synth. Thom Yorke's dancing was intense, spastic, highly amusing, & extremely awe-inspiring. They opened up with "All I Need" & they did two encores, the last song being "House of Cards." The entire night was a memorable experience from start to finish for several reasons. Actually I can't name them all. Oh & also, Liars, the opening band, is very noteworthy. A very rhythm heavy band whose lead singer, Agnus Andrew, entertained the audience with his dance moves, resembling those of ritual performed by a shaman priest. 

Intense.

No comments: