Sunday, May 18, 2008

Songs To Dance Your Pants Off With

...because your AP exams are done! 
Happy Sunday, because here is your long promised Muxtape!
Track listing for future reference:
1. One More Time- Daft Punk
2. Waters of Nazareth- Justice
3. Nobody Lost, Nobody Found- Cut Copy
4. XR2- M.I.A.
5. And I Was A Boy From School- Hot Chip
6. Tribulations- LCD Soundsystem
7. Deceptacon- Le Tigre
8. Wrong Galaxy- Shit Robot
9. House of Jealous Lovers- The Rapture
10. Bounce That- Girl Talk

By now you should know that anything Strokes/Julian Casablancas related catches my eye. So here it is. Apparently, Pharrell Williams, Santogold, and Julian will be making a little jingle for a Converse commercial. Visit Stereogum if you're as excited as me to hear anything that Julian will have a part in. 

Also, if you haven't watched Prince Caspian yet, (featuring my number one celeb crush, William Moseley!!!!!!!!) then you'll be pleasantly surprised with the ending song. I know I was, when I heard Regina Spektor's melodic voice fill the theater. I wasn't familiar with the song & I remember thinking how perfectly the words managed to capture the scene. I went home to look it up and discovered the name "The Call" (click for lyrics) & that I think she wrote it specifically for the movie. The song really cinched the ending of the movie for me, & I admit it made me tear up a little. Thanks to the Hype Machine, you can download the song here

No comments: