Friday, March 14, 2008

Spoon, 11/9/07

             
I know this was a while ago, but I thought it'd be worthwhile to post. This was probably the second most favorite concert i've ever attended (i've only been to about 8 concerts, Franz Ferdinand was my absolute favvvv!). Seeing Spoon was such a great experience. Britt Daniel has this quiet stage presence that's like created by his intense connection with the music, which in turn, surrounds him with an air of command that holds such a control over the crowd. I remember this concert so vividly because I remember thinking of how Britt Daniel looked like the definition of music. I mean like the way he moved & sounded & everything about him exuded "music." Also because my boyfriend of over a year had just broken up with me online (all kinds of classy) two days prior. 
I remember thinking that boys really sucked & I was truly heartbroken. But I seriously forgot everything while hearing Britt Daniel sing... I mean I forrealz forgot my name & everything. After the show, my brother & I met him & I was absolutely speechless. Because the group I was with in the crowd was up front & danced & clapped rather enthusiastically, he signed my poster "Claps! Thanks! Britt Daniel." I am happy to say he single-handedly restored my faith and love for the male gender. This is the poster that currently resides above my bed. 

No comments: