Wednesday, March 19, 2008

For the kid with the will to funk

ATTN: Radiohead has announced a video-making contest! They're asking for an animated video of anyone of their songs off of In Rainbows & you don't even need to be video-tech savvy. But apparently they're not the only ones; Nine Inch Nails has also declared a similar, fan-based project. Get more info for Radiohead at Wired & Aniboom & visit NIN.com for the d/l on their video. 

Also, speaking of NIN, they recently released a four disc set of just instrumentalist songs. I always enjoy the softer & soothing side of Trent Reznor, so Ghosts was a big thumbs up from me. The cover art for each of the 36 songs was pretty sweet too. 

Okay so what is up with American Idol having the contestants do Beatles' covers TWO weeks in a row?????? I don't even watch the show except for last night when my mom screamed from the other room that she had found me a boyfriend & I ran to see David Archuleta. But yeah, once is more than enough, & twice is unforgivable. If the judges are going to be tough on the contestants, they shouldn't choose The Beatles to cover, because you can't imitate or improve on GENIUS. That was kind of like my issue with Across the Universe. Maybe nice in theory & Jim Sturgess is nice to look at, but the movie didn't cut it with me at all. It seemed like the producer/director tried to base the movie & each scene of a song, making for a very choppy plot line. But I'm getting off topic. While it was nice to hear Jason Castro sing in French, even Simon admitted that it was kind of a bad idea to do The Beatles for a second time. I agree, Simon, I agree. 

No comments: