Thursday, March 13, 2008

Wasted days you've come to pass

Current obsessions: James McAvoy & Vampire Weekend!
I love James McAvoy's Scottish accent and I love Vampire Weekend's integration of strings into their songs; being a violin playuhh, it's nice to see strings being associated with something other than stuffy old Mozart or d00ds in wigs. Just sayin'. Anyways, no dissss to Mozart, but Vampire Weekend is the freshest shiz i've heard in a while. Check out this article about them by Andy Greenwald (whom I also admire)! Plus, yesterday I skipped school & took some time to learn the beginning of M79! I can honestly say I haven't felt this way about a band since The Strokes became my favorite band with Is This It or captivated me so much.

Postscript: Heads Up!~
May 5 & 6 (if i'm lucky)- RADIOHEAD
June 7- Vampire Weekend
June 11- The Cure

No comments: