Wednesday, January 28, 2009

In a perfect situation, I let love down the drain

The Black Lips got chased out of India! They assumed their usual frolicsome behavior that would have been cheered on by (drunken) spectators elsewhere, but in India, the law laid the smackdown. Read for a riveting account of the Black Lips' legal troubles. What "Bad Kids"..... [Source]

Lil Wayne is going to try is hand in the realm of good old rock'n'roll. Maybe I'll like it better than "A Milli." Maybe I'm just an indie rock nerd who is too wrapped up in the neat refrains and riffs of Vampire Weekend to appreciate anything else. Or maybe he just sucks. Either way I remain dubious. Even the Pfork peeps who worshipped Tha Carter III seem unconvinced at Lil Wayne's newest venture. [Source]

LEGIT STROKES NEWS. After reports of various Strokes members pursuing various side-projects (Nickel Eye, Little Joy, etc), THEY HAVE FINALLY GOT THEIR SHIT TOGETHER. They will reconvene in the studio in February, causing the hearts of many fans to begin beating again. I, among them. [Source]

Click the source for some hawt~*~ Lily Allen photos at her "comeback" gig.
A small Lily Allen aside- I went to a dance last night & of course they played crappy music. I've always wondered what makes the DJ keep playing that song when nobody is on the dance floor? Is he blinded by the dim lighting, so conducive to acts of grinding and general skankiness? Is he deafened by his own horrible taste in music? Yeah I guess. But then all of a sudden I heard the beginnings of Lily Allen's "The Fear!" Before I could cajole my friends to twirl with me a la Lily Allen, the DJ changed the song. Yeah. Anyways, here's a preview:
Photobucket
[Source]

Interview with Coldplay's resident hottie, Guy Berryman! [Source]

Well I think that's a sufficient update. I'm off to a Super Bowl party. Obviously only with the purpose of absconding with all the free snacks and thus keeping my status quo of football knowledge where it belongs. At zero.

2 comments:

Uyen said...

it's funny, you and tyler were just singing that weezer song last time i saw you. anyways, i am...amused by the black lips tidbit. i am...confused about the lil wayne news. i am...truly excited for you and the strokes! i am...sorry that djs suck so much (really, is it so hard to play decent music? at the least play hips don't lie for us. come on!) i am...now in love with guy berryman - i never even realized what a hottie he was. actually, to be honest, i only knew of chris martin. i am...not cool with you not fully appreciating the great american sport of football. i'm still disappointed about that. and lastly, i am...not sasha fierce. don't know why beyonce thinks she is.

E. said...

there was no lily allen at my dance.
alas.