Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I've got the spirit, lose the feeling

Seriously, my badz for not updating. Apologies x1000.

To make up for my lack of updates, I have two blogs they I hold in very high regard. My friend Elizabeth writes Say Parcheezie & it's oft filled with the intellectual language that is lacking here. She recently did a Top 7 Albums of 2008 & it's worth checking out! She pointed out this very interesting & extremely unconventional review of a Hot Chip show. Took me a while to figure out, but it was nice to look at.

So everyone knows who Spencer Tweedy is, right? You know, Jeff Tweedy of Uncle Tupelo/Loose Fur/Wilco's son? Not gonna lie, I didn't at first, but he's 13 & has this really fabulous blog. It's pretty intellectually stimulating I must say; even the writers of Pitchfork were impressed. Read! [Source]

I'm really getting into Ra Ra Riot's The Rhumb Line. The first track, "Ghost Under Rocks," grabs your attention, mostly because the first 10 seconds sounds like a Wolf Parade's "Shine A Light." Upon further listen, you discover that it is a delightful mix of string usage, pleasant vocals, & relatable lyrics.

Look, some happy pictures of Los Campesinos!

No comments: