Tuesday, March 10, 2009

One wound up punch of intuition

Umm. So Pfork decided to get a makeover?
I can't tell if I like it or not. It reminds me a lot of Cokemachineglow.

Apparently there's a new Phoenix track! I can't think of another pop-rock album that I loved as much as It's Never Been Like That. The reviewer gives the new track "1901" an 8, I assume out of a 10. Personally I'd give it a 7. But maybe I'm a little bitter because the reviewer dissed The Strokes' own "12:51" with a caddy, "remember them" remark. Listen! On the same page, you can also check out Lil Wayne's new rock track. It's pretty awful.

I found some more pics from Girl Talkkkkk. I look bored or ridiculous in any picture I'm in. Can you find me? Hint: purple cardigan & glasses. There. You should be able to find me. Click for full gallery! Pictures taken from Smileforcamera.

Alsooo this is probably the most original & creative cover I've ever heard. MGMT's "Kids" played entirely on iPhone apps! It was covered by a group called The Mentalists, an all-chick British band.
[Source]

Gregg Gillis also used a sample from "Kids" at the concert, & I pretty much went insane.

No comments: