Saturday, September 20, 2008

Here we are at the transmission party

Omg hiiii! So I got the stomach flu on Friday morning (like 2 A.M. morning) & basically I threw up all day yesterday. But now I'm better & after sharing that bit of lovely news with you, here's some actual newsworthy news of musical nature!

The Smashing Pumpkins are set to release their FIRST EVER live concert DVD to mark their 20th anniversary! It'll be out on November 11th and it's going to be a whopping 105 minutes long. Read more at the source.

Kings of Leon have insulted Panic At The Disco & Fall Out Boy. Lol, need I say more? KOL talks about their recent success with their new single "Sex On Fire" & about settling down. Detailz hurrr.

New Kanye West song, "Love Lockdown" is out & you can listen to it here at the source. Personally, I can't say I'm a big fan, especially because Graduation was such a big hit for me.

I've never heard of Magnetic Morning, but apparently it is the side project of Sam Fogarino (Interpol) & Adam Franklin (Swervedriver- who I've never heard of either) but the mention of Interpol was enough to grab my attention so it should be enough to grab yours & I apologize for this poorly constructed run-on sentence. I guess Magnetic Morning have released an EP, but before I butcher anymore of the English language, head on over to Stereogum for the full scoop.

Okay so Fab Moretti (The Strokes' FAB [haha] drummer) has a side project with Devendra Banhart called Little Joy. Listen at their Myspace here & visit the source for info about their new album.

Apparently Jack White loved working with Alicia Keys so much, he may be working on her next album. But, NME, being the ambiguous writers that they are, have not really made it clear if this is going to be forrealz. Try your hand at interpreting the text here. Speaking of Jack White & Alicia Keys, it seems as though the song they wrote for Quantum of Solace, was unknowlingly used for a Coke ad. Jack White, of course, had a fit. Read details.

That was a rather large upchuck (a bad pun in lieu of my stomach virus, haha) of information but I feel rather awful about the lack of updates. Here, I will leave you on an apologetic note, kind of a peace offering. So I was watching TV when I was sick, something I never do, but there was this Kashi commerical & apparently if you go on their website Kashi.com you can enter in your address & shiz & get a free cookie! So go go go & get a free cookie!

No comments: